The Top 10 Fresh Sport Psychology Dissertation Ideas
Receiving a degree in sport psychology can be a daunting and extensive process. Many students in this degree field must write dissertations before they can graduate. In order to get a head start on the dissertation process, students should figure out their thesis topic in advance. Ideally, the topic should be specific enough for the student to adequately cover it in the required number of pages. It must also be general enough for the student to find all of the information that they need online or in the school's library. For assistance in figuring out a dissertation topic, students should consider some of the following ideas.
Top Ten Dissertation Ideas
- Study the effectiveness in high school athletes of the integrated model of sport injury. Look at the psychological effects on athletes.
- Research the effect of the coach's gender in the athletic outcomes of female and male players.
- Look into the impact of eating behaviors and body image on athletes. Compare how female athletes perform and the likelihood of having an eating disorder compared to the general population. Female athletes are often more focused and in tune with their bodies than average women. This could potentially lead to a rise in eating disorders. Research if this is the case or not.
- Research how recovery and rehabilitation is different in athletes who have cardiac problems.
- Study the effects of different musical beats on increasing athlete performance during a workout.
- Compile research on motivational factors that improve athletic results for adolescent athletes.
- Research the ways that feedback and cross-modulation of information can effect the athlete.
- Study the effects of team building on the motivation of the athlete.
- Write about the effects of seeing sports-related images on athletes and non-athletes during an MRI.
- Study the ways that participating in sports changes an individual's reaction to failure and motivation in other areas of their life.
Each of the previous ideas can be modified or adjusted depending on the student's paper requirements. Often, teachers will ask to check a thesis statement before they allow the student to write the paper. If students are uncertain about what to write, they can research ideas online or check out sport psychology books from their school's library. Students can also check out books related to the subject matter and highlight any interesting passages that they read. Generally, the research paper will turn out better if the student is actually interested in the topic.